Sunday, April 24, 2005

San Diego

Yesterday and today we spent in San Diego. Sheri's uncle Harry and aunt Ellie (Liz's parents) live there and they invited us for Passover. Always nice to see them and also a chance to see some more family. I was very happy to finally meet grandpa Mike. Sheri always speaks very lovingly about her "adopted" grandpa and now I know why.

Coming from a Catholic family it was interesting to experience the Passover dinner and learn a little bit about the rituals.
If you want to learn also: www.holidays.net/passover

We also did a 3 mile hike up Pyle and Cowles Mountains, the highest peaks in San Diego. Good to get some excercise after all that lovely food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just to let you know , I just came back from Israel where I went for passover. The dinner Michiel talks about I had at my friend, it is funny and very nice to know thar all over the world the same words are said and pretty much the same food is eaten, the rituals are the same. I stayed 10 days in israel, mainly at the Hilton in Tel Aviv, which was sold out.
It was wonderful and even the matses , (unleavened bread) which you have to eat for a week tasted great.
wonderful to read this weblog and Michiel, I see you do the same as I do with the laptop, we borrow the line.
great to hear from you keep it coming.
Mirla

Real Time Web Analytics