On our 9 day trip we did some 1000 miles (1600 kilometer) of traveling by van and still we only saw a small part of Alaska. Our fellow passengers were amazed to hear that this distance is 5 times (and a bit) as long as the Netherlands from north to south. Of course I was happy to answer all their other questions about the Dutch.

Seeing Sheri work I must say that my already high admiration rose to a peak. Apart from driving a big van safely for so many hours a day she managed to also give info and other conversation while doing so. She took us out hiking and instructed us on how to do that safely. While camping she cooked/provided every meal (which means getting on top of the van an awful lot of times) and did the dishes. Now I know exactly why she is so exhausted when she comes back from a trip. I was glad that I could make life a little bit more easy for her on this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment