Saturday, December 03, 2005

Makin' Music

Being a rock (well....reggae, actually) star is loads of fun! The band is called Jah Chant (I have no idea how Sky came up with that name) and we've been performing every week since our first show at Open Mike night. The band is made up of Sky, who writes most of the songs, sings and plays guitar; Kish, our bassist, who is rock-star epitomized; Devin, who plays didgeridoo and congas and me on drums. The community seems to REALLY dig our music and we always have a group of enthusiastic dancers at each gig (and not just our partners and good friends).




Last night, we played our first-ever Saturday night gig, which is a real treat because Saturday night is the night that most people go out. We played at Gallagher's, the non-smoking bar and played third, just after a tremendous performance by Sean on guitar and vocals.





We're planning on playing IceStock, the big outdoor music festival on New Year's Day, and have been invited to perform at the big end-of-season party in the helicopter hangar. We'll certainly play some more events before then.

All I can say is .....WOO HOOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love making music! I play the eletric guitar and LOVE TO PLAY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Time Web Analytics