Sunday, December 03, 2006

Update on the MSNBC.com situation

The uproar is dying down on station as the reporter mentioned in our last posting as made a sort of public apology by way of his most recent article on MSNBC.com. We did get to meet him briefly, as well as his photographer (who seems like a pretty cool guy). Our photo is included in the Slide Show on the right hand side of the article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15834019/). We were photographed while doing our weekly volunteer duties in the greenhouse.

In order to not be confused with this spurned and ridiculed reporter, the visiting PBS crew has taped "We are not from MSNBC.com" signs to the back of their parkas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Volunteers,

I saw you B4 your blog came out! So I'm glad you mentioned it cause I see it and it's good...miss you guys....Be sure to come out to Gallagher's on Saturday night to see LEVEL 5! it's gonna rock!

kishout

Anonymous said...

I read the articles and you can see the tone of voice changes a lot after the critics te reporter got. I think it's interesting to get a view on living at McMurdo from someone else, outsiders get a more complete picture.
But the apologies were neccesary, especially after the first article. However, a man who'se able to call himself a whiner cannot be too bad...
I hope you both are doing ok. Have fun the coming holidays!
xxx Sandra

Michiel said...

What? You are not checking in any more before the holidays?
Thanks for reading, hope you'll have happy holidays also.
michiel

Anonymous said...

Dear Michiel & Sheri,
I wish you a very merry christmas and all the best for 2007!
A least you guys will have a white christmas :-)!!!
Love, Femke

Anonymous said...

yo post some new!
you know...
music

talk about the stock!
kishout

Real Time Web Analytics