After joining Sheri on her first camping tour of the season (which was very much fun) I got to on another Adventure Alaska Tour (this one). This time with guide, Patrick, taking us to the mighty Yukon river. A long drive to get there, but well worth it. Fall was coming and the colors of the vegetation were getting more beautiful every mile we drove.

Our base was in Eagle, which is a lovely little old town on the border of Canada.


From there we drove to Dawson (Canada), a well preserved and famous gold seekers town, to begin our downstream paddling. Awesome weather, beautiful views and meditative peace and quiet greeted us for most of the 4 days we were on the river. I had packed a considerable amount of cold weather gear, but luckily we were blessed with some gorgeous sunny days and we hardly needed our rain gear at all. Unfortunately, the one day that I decided to paddle the canoe by myself was the one day that the wind was blowing very hard. Despite going downstream, it was very hard work and I eventually had to relinquish the boat to Patrick.

1 comment:
Potverdorie wat mooi!
Weet je zeker dat dit jullie laatste bezoek in Alaska was?
En hoe is het op het ijs?????
En waar zijn de BEREN foto's die je had beloofd?
En hele dikke puun van MB, mis jullie!
Post a Comment