Sunday, January 30, 2011

Restoring Sanity in Antarctica

I love the Daily Show and Jon Stewart and felt really disappointed that I wasn't in the United States to participate in the Rally to Restore Sanity that took place on October 30 on the Mall in Washington, D.C.  Apparently, there were others here in McMurdo who were similarly disappointed.  They joined me for our own satellite rally.  Ours was scrubbed of any political messages, mentions of the company we are employed by or any images that included buildings, clothing or anything issued by the National Science Foundation or could be construed as the NSF supporting our cause or point-of-view.

Our images were posted to the Rally website and even became favorites on the website "Reddit" but the staffs of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report never responded to the photos I emailed them.  These two were the best photos we took.  (Special thanks to Christine Powell and Holly Troy!)


No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics