Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Drie Molenloop 10,5k - the Three Windmills Running Race 10.5 K

On a gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous second Easter day (the Dutch celebrate the first and second Easter days - ask someone else for an explanation....), Michiel joined me for a running race through the polders and the village of Aarlanderveen, a sweet little place where his sister and her family live.  The sunshine, the windmills, the green fields, the lambs, geese, cows and their little ones, the paragliders overhead and the spirit of the crowd made for a perfect race day.  Getting water during the race from our niece, Marilyn May and enjoying an after-race brunch in Almamia and Perry's garden were additional perks.

Most importantly, my pace was a respectable 5:52 per kilometer with a finish time of 1:01:40.  I'm fine with being a slow runner as long as I'm not last!  In this case, though my slow start had us in last place for the first 3 kilometers, we passed 18 people along the route and I managed to get 121st out of 141 (20th in the ladies division).  To be fair, though, Michiel was 122 and I'm sure he would have run faster if he was by himself.  Thanks for the support, Michiel!

Sorry...no photos except for those on the official website.  Here is a link to the results:  Results
Scroll down to the 10.5K results or do Ctrl F and type "Sheri" to find me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you click on the results page, you can also see that we were the only foreigners. Unfortunately we didn't get anything for being the contestants who came from furthest away.
Michiel

Real Time Web Analytics