I thought the other day was cold but, today, I reached my new record for low wind chill....-76 degrees F. Woo Hoo! Not a bit of skin can be showing in temperatures like these. We're grateful for "big red", the parka we get issued. Mine has real coyote fur around the hood. Check out the What to Wear post for a photo.
Oh, wait...it just got colder.....
And by the way...that is awful, deadly cold. The wind gusts almost knock me over and even covered body parts are close to frost nip in a very short amount of time. The roar of the wind is ferocious and a bit scary. On my way from lunch back to the building where I work (uphill and into the wind!), I did a little experiment with a cup of water. I tossed the water into the air and it froze instantly into a spray of ice. Pretty neat but it was too bitter to hang around outside long enough to ponder the science behind it.


No comments:
Post a Comment