Sunday, November 25, 2012

Deed of Sale

Yesterday, I received the electronic copy of the deed of sale for the house.  The deed spells out who the buyers and owners are, where they were born, where they live now, who they are or were married to and all of the official details about the location of the property.  As you might imagine, a notary office in small-town, rural France had a superbly difficult time trying to understand how to deal with an American (with a Dutch passport) and a Dutchman (born in Ethiopia) with a domicile in Alaska, but no actual house there and "living" in Antarctica and occasionally reachable in the Netherlands.  Somehow, it all worked out.

Here are the two photos I sent back to the notary's office to prove that we didn't make up the whole story.



By the way, YES, that is a lot more gray hair than you might be used to seeing.  This has been a stressful process!

4 comments:

Carol Sussman said...

Love it! That's a great story.

MBE said...

Sheri, I love the way you narrate this, it is so hilarious! And you look terrifix!

Wilbert said...

I thought that grey hair on your coat was confection.

Chris said...

Congrats guys, if I ever make it back to France, I'll have to stop by to visit. The house looks awesome and very cute!

Real Time Web Analytics