Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Farewell La Hasta

After a wonderful month at La Hasta (otherwise known as "Chez Smith") it was time to move on.  I couldn't have asked for a more lovely setting, a more welcoming family or more good eats and drinks!  I also felt pretty good about the projects I'd been able to see to completion - including the "Sheri Memorial Rose Garden" and putting similar edging fences around a good deal more of the garden beds, regular pool cleaning, using the riding lawn mower, doing a bit of painting and learning how to tile (Thanks, Sam!  You're a great teacher!)  I also learned a valuable lesson about linoleum, which I'll share with you...removing the linoleum is the easy part of the job - but removing the ADHESIVE is the hard and time-consuming part.

Here are some photos from La Hasta, which comprises a 4 bedroom rental property in the downstairs portion of the family home and a one-bedroom rental cottage, as well as a spacious lawn and swimming pool.  Check out the La Hasta website here or via the link in the list on the left.

Garden edging

View of the pool

Gite accommodation on the ground floor. We had many meals and drinks on the balcony, above.

More Edging

Rental Cottage and Veg Garden

Grouting and cleaning

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics