Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Changeable

From -81F/-60C wind chill to 1F/17C in just two days.  The clouds have moved in overhead and have brought warm, moist air with them.

In the meantime, we are all preparing (mentally, spiritually, physically) for the beginning of Mainbody starting next Monday.  With each flight, we'll get 140 new people and lose only about 100 winterover personnel (in total!).  It will get crazy busy very quickly.  To commemorate the end of WinFly, the carpenters are throwing a big party with live music this Saturday night.  Sadly, I agreed to cover someone's bartending shift so I won't be able to attend.  I hope some people actually come to the bar!

The Carp shop

Gallagher's Pub, where I'll be bartending

2 comments:

MBE said...

You could attract some customers with a steeldrum session on that Reggae oildrum??

Sheri said...

HaHa! I never noticed the reggae oil drum! It's amazing the things that are hanging around here. What will the archeologists think?

Real Time Web Analytics